Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Final Blog?!!?!!?


Blog Entry #13

To continue with, if cars are not enough of a reason for you to want to like the mechanical engineering field, then you can look at the energy we use. This makes since with all this brutal chemistry and physics science classes that engineers must take just to get that glorified degree. It makes since though, with engineers having to take in weight distribution to cars and wind impact, then surely they can design ways to capture that energy as well. If a car has to go through that air as aerodynamically as possible, then there are things that can be designed to capture that air and use it to produce different types of energy. Just look at all the wind turbines that are up as you do the drive from Pullman to Seattle or vice-versa. These wind turbines produce 10 percent of Puget Sound Energy, the suppliers for the Seattle area. Yet another reason the engineering field is amazing, just to know what kind of impacts that there can be on our future energy usage.
All in all, the mechanical engineering field is a great field with a vast future. Ranging from transportation to energy, there really isn’t anything that this field doesn’t encompass. Whether you are a car junky, air nut, or green goer, the field is the ideal for everything. Overall with my interview and research, I am excited for this field and entering it in my future. Hopefully one day, I can contribute to something that you yourself spend money on to help you with your daily grind.

I change my intros to each sentence so that they aren’t the typical intros that I have noticed myself falling into. I also put in numbers to support my reasons so that it would leave a more interesting point in the readers mind. In my final paragraph, I tried to incorporate more voice so that the reader would feel me, and also leave a better feeling at the end of the essay.

No comments:

Post a Comment