Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Blog entry #8


   
Remediation To Writing


    After reading the article on WikiBooks of Digital Rhetoric/Remediation and Remix, I saw the website lead to one meaning of remediation. The website says that remediation is like reviving an old subject to a more “now” style. Taking something that was great that is now outdated, to making it more up to date and more suited for the now standards.

    The examples used in the website are helpful in showing ways to remediate ideas. They show that text is ok to use in websites, but the text that is used is very in depth and has lots of meaning of what they are talking about. The pictures are also used so you can get rid of some of your text to help provoke a point and make it have more impact on what the viewer is looking at. They show pictures of someone doing something that the website is advertising, instead of using plain boring text talking about the fun in the environment.

     For my subject, rule changes in football for the good, I see a few ways I can show meaning about the reasons instead of text telling it. For instance, I can show videos of the after effects of head to head hits and how the person has to live instead of text telling the reader of the life-changing effects. Also, I can make the reader feel more sorrow and guilt about the rules and make their feeling of sorrow come out and then make them want the rule changes to be more-so implicated.

    Questions I have regarding this article towards my subject really are that if the argument is more of a current debate already happening in the now, how do I actually remediate the subject? Do I want to focus more off a video argument to get rid of text, or try and change focus to a different audience and refocus my ideas towards keeping the now and implicating changes for the future?


Click Here for website on remediation

No comments:

Post a Comment