Monday, February 11, 2013

Blog 5


Blog Entry #5 – Academic Research

    Academic research is a very relevant aspect to our lives today. Whether it is for an essay or just to talk about something, it is better to have done research on what that subject is. Not only does it give you more facts to bring forward on the issue, but you have more confidence about what it is you are talking about.

    In my field, there are a couple of ways that research will help me. For mechanical Engineering I can do research to help understand why certain things are built like they are, like how a car or truck is built. Also, I can look into why certain builds a more power efficient than another style of build.



    I chose this image that best fits my attitude towards academic research because I see research assignments being different paths. To start off, you can take the path that starts you in the beginning looking the same if you don’t look over your research, but then the path starts getting tough and hard. The other path gets easier as you go if you go through your research and understand it so that you can reference it more easily the further down the path or writing of the paper you go. After seeing research like this, I see it as a necessary step towards any paper, so I don’t love it, nor do I hate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment